Saturday, May 14, 2011

Skillet Chicken with Green Chile Sauce

Don't you wish that every healthy recipe you ever tried, tasted good?! Well, look NO further-- I will be adding 1-2 new recipes a week that are new, fresh, tasty, healthy and superb that you can add to your family favorites! I am no "chef". I do not create in the kitchen. I find a recipe- I follow it to a T - and that is how I get it done. So, all the recipes you receive from me will have a source, because they are not "original". Trust me I wish I were a chef and could create culinary masterpieces- but, I digress-- it is just not meant to be. My talents lie elsewhere!

One of my all time favorite ingredients is CILANTRO! I wish I could just eat that all day- but that would be weird.--- SO! I usually will do searches for great recipes with cilantro in it. Here is one of the results of my searches:

Today- I bring to you a DELICIOUS chicken meal from Good House Keeping. (Do you not just adore the picture I found from an old Good House Keeping magazine? Because I adore it! And don't you only wish magazines were still 25 cents?)

Here it is- give it a try! It is Ranger approved... (meaning a thumbs up from everyone in The Bertinator Family)
 
Skillet Chicken with Green Chile Sauce

Ingredients:

4 medium (1 1/4 pounds) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves 
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
1 can(s) (4- to 4 1/2-ounce) diced green chiles
1 cup(s) grape tomatoes, each cut in half
3/4 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth 
1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin 
1 clove(s) garlic, crushed with press
2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh cilantro

Directions:

1. Place chicken-breast halves between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. With meat mallet or rolling pin, pound breasts to an even 1/2-inch thickness; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper.
  
2. In nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add breasts and cook 6 to 7 minutes or until browned on both sides and chicken loses its pink color throughout, turning over once. Transfer breasts to platter; cover with foil to keep warm.

3. To skillet, add green chiles, grape tomatoes, chicken broth, ground cumin, garlic, and any juices from chicken on platter. Cook 3 minutes to reduce sauce slightly, stirring occasionally. Stir in cilantro. 

Nutrient Breakdown: Calories: 205  Total Fat: 5 gr. Sat. Fat: 1 gr. Total Carbs: 4 gr. Total Protein: 33 gr.

Bon Appetit - and let me know what you think!

And if you have found a wonderful recipe you would like to share, please send it to bertie@thebertinator.com and I will try it out. If it passes The Ranger test- I will share it with the world! Thanks!

The Bertinator






 

No comments: