Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Absolutely DEILCIOUS Broccoli Recipe


I'm not creative in the kitchen AT ALL. No sir-ee Bob- that is not my forte. I'm always on the hunt for the best recipes. I don't create recipes- but I'm an excellent follower of them. When I find a good one, I have to share it with the world (aka YOU)! Here is my latest find... comes straight out of The Barefoot Contessa's cook book "Back to The Basics"

I never thought about roasting my veggies- but now I think it will be a staple way to cook them.


Preheat the oven to 425.

Take 2 large bunches of broccoli, cut into florets (but relatively big ones.)

If you wash the broccoli, make sure you dry them THOROUGHLY. I didn't wash mine, and I didn't die;) This ensures perfect crispness to your broccoli.

Put the broccoli on a cookie sheet or shallow baking pan. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. (She says 5 Tbs olive oil, 1 1/2 tsps kosher salt, 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper, but I just figured on this one.)
Add 4 garlic cloves that are peeled and sliced and toss them in as well.

Roast in the oven 20 to 25 minutes, until "crisp-tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned."

When it's done, take it out of the oven- this is the delicious part! Zest a lemon over the broccoli, squeeze the lemon juice over the broccoli, add 1.5 Tbs more olive oil, and 1/3 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. You can also add 3 Tbs toasted pine nuts, if you want.

This is a perfect healthy way to spice up your broccoli. Your kids will even eat it too!

ENJOY!

2 comments:

Jen Petty said...

Sounds delicious! Can't wait to try it.

Amycarry said...

listening to the sound: the material is the worst Bathtub faucet resolved, good leader is the whole cast copper, Waterfall faucet . If the sound is very crisp, Faucet parts must be stainless steel, the quality difference would a grade