Tuesday, January 12, 2010

2 weeks AFTER baby and we are OFF!!

So--- here we go again!! One thing I love about having babies is it brings a new challenge to get back into shape after each one-- and there is nothing like a good challenge to motivate you to conquer your goals:)

To give anyone just now joining the short story...... here is where I started 5 years ago- when my 3rd was just 15 months old. I competed in Ms. Fitness Delta and took the crown and competed in Ms. Fitness Texas and took 3rd... and then had the "post competition blues" and put on close to 30 pounds because I was a little food happy after a pretty strict diet......

I lost close about 15 pounds on my own with intuitive eating..... and then decided to train for another fitness competition, this time remembering that I can't just go hog wild after I'm done competing! That is why I started this blog... to help keep me motivated and anyone else who needed that little extra something to help push them that much further towards what they want our of their fitness goals. This is the progress I made within the first month..................


(April 4, 2009).....(April 15, 2009).......(May 1, 2009)
weight: 154............... 150.........................147.5
neck: 12 1/2 in........ 12 1/2 in....................12.5 in.
wrist: 6 1/2 in. ......... 6 1/2 in....................6 1/2 in.
hips: 41 in. ................40.75 in..................40.5 in.
waist: 27 1/2 in. ....... 27 in.........................26.5 in.
belly button: 29 1/2 in. .......29 1/4 in............28 3/4 in.
bust: 33 in. ......... 33 in...........................33 in. (I'm not losing in my boobs because there is already nothing there:)
calves: 15 1/2 in. ...........15 1/4 in...............15 1/4 in.
biceps: 12 in. ..............11 3/4 in...................11.5 in.
thighs: 22 in. ........... 21 1/2 in......................21 in.


Then I got pregnant.... and nine months later I'm ready to get back on track.... with slight modifications. This is me 2 weeks after having Molly Mae. My measurements are under the pictures.... I luckily only gained about 27 pounds this time around... where I usually gain about 50!! So, I was proud of myself for that alone:)
I've got about 10 pounds to lose- but weight doesn't mean much to me if my measurements are all out of whack... so I prefer to go by measurements and bodyfat. And I have quite a few extra inches around my waist that I didn't have before!

(Jan. 12, 2010)
weight: 157
neck: 12.5 in
wrist: 6.5 in
hips: 42 in.
waist (smallest point): 30 in.
belly button: 32 in.
bust: 36.5 in. (whoo-hoo! I love my nursing boobs) lol!
calves: 15.5 in.
biceps: 12 in.
thighs: 21.5 in.

I will be back with another post tomorrow with my goals and time frames. Keep in mind I'm breastfeeding- and with Ethan I started dieting right away- and lost my milk after 3 months. This time I won't let that happen- so my diet will be healthy and well balanced and lots and LOTS of water........... and my exercise for the next little bit will be progressing back up to where I was and what I was doing before the baby came. Since I am breastfeeding- my progress will come slower then if I wasn't, due to my body really wanting to hold onto that extra fat til' I'm done. I'm keeping THAT in mind, so I'm not disappointed if I'm not right back to where I started asap.

Here goes nothing!:)

What are YOUR fitness goals for this year???



ps- if you didn't subscribe to my daily motivational e-mail..... then your inspiration today is Rocky's training program in my sidebar with music! Watch it and see if it doesn't make you want to go HARD next time you are working out!! And if you want to subcribe to my motivational e-mails, send me an e-mail to bertie.fitbody@gmail.com and put the subject subscribe!

2 comments:

Amanda Herrold said...

I am so impressed with your self-confidence in being able to post this. You look amazing, by the way! My goal this year is to lose my "depression weight". When we moved to Houston 18 months ago I packed on 17 pounds of comfort food. I have lost 10, but still have more to go. I'm like you, I am not as hung up on the number as the composition so just trying to lose the fat. Good luck!

Bertie said...

Hey Amanda! LOL... Believe me it isn't self confidence that made me post those pictures, it was motivation to kick my own butt and knowing other people will be watching helps me kick my own butt even more:) Thanks for the compliment though!
And you look great too and maybe when you move back to Oklahoma the weight will just disappear:)